term.log (169.3 KB)
This is the log file I found that seems to be relevant to the install. If there are any others you would need to see please let me know and I will get them to you. It seems to fail around the mysql installation. Once it fails, whenever I try to install something else, the failed installation continues to try and configure. I have sanitized the file as to not show my password used.
I just managed to get the software to install. I realized that during the mysql server setup that the script wasn’t setting up the root user’s password but rather asking for the root user’s password. Since the mysql installation defaults to a blank root user password it would fail since I did not leave that field blank during installation. Probably not a good idea to leave it this way. The next issue it ran into was since the install never completed the bluecherry config file was not moved to /etc. So it again failed when it did not find it. I moved the config file template from /usr/share/bluecherry/bluecherry.conf.in into /etc and configured the information in it. It finished the install and I got the login page for the bluecherry server. I need to find the default user/pass combination and I can then test it. I will probably roll back the linux container instance to a previous snapshot so that I can test the install again with what I have learned.