Version 3.0.3 released

Did you already have mysql installed prior to installation?

I did not. I rolled back my container to a previous snapshot prior to re-install clean of the bluecherry install.

Very strange…I’ve never encountered any issue during installation of 3.0.3 on 20.04

One of the problems I have run into while trying to install the latest beta on Focal has been the failure of the install script to run properly. A simple copy and paste of the published command does not work. Mainly due to the number that appears in the post. sudo bash -c “$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bluecherrydvr/bluecherry-installer-scripts/master/web_install/install 10)”. The highlighted number causes the script to hang forever trying to connect to 10. If pasting this into a command prompt and trying to edit it out, I get a nonsensical character, as I backspace, in the number’s place which causes problems with the terminal. I have to log out completely and then log back in. I don’t understand this behavior. Just copying the relevant portion of the line, then pasting it into the command prompt, and completing the line does not work. The script fails with an error message that says it could not find the target. I decided to look at the script itself and found the section that pertained to Focal and copied/pasted each line into a terminal command prompt and executed each in turn. This seemed to work except when it got to the mysql installation. When I was asked for a root password. I thought it was going to create a root password like in previous installations. This quickly failed because it was actually asking for the existing root password to to the mysql installation. Since mysql defaults to a blank root password it could not create the bluecherry database user (since I entered something other than blank) which caused the failure. This took several attempts at install to realize what was actually happening. I then decided to spin up a Debian 10 container to test this. Using the command in the version 3 documentation it initially failed as before. So going into the script, as before, I executed each command one at a time at the command prompt. The install completed successfully. The noticeable difference was at the mysql installation, the install asked to create a password for the root user. Once the root user password was created it installed successfully. Using this information I rolled back to a previous snapshot of my focal linux container and tried again. Instead of trying to set a password for the root user I left it blank. When the bluecherry user was being created I entered the password of bluecherry. The install completed successfully. I logged in to the web configurator and created a user. I then logged in using the newly created user and tried to run the camera discovery. That failed with an “err ajax” message. This was not very helpful. I guess I will have to look back at the appache logs to try and determine what is causing it to fail. The good news is I could add 4 of the five cameras I have on the network in Bluecherry. The camera I was unable to add is an insteon camera. This works in zoneminder. I haven’t given up on it yet. The five cameras I have are two samsung, two trendnet, and the insteon. The samsung and trendnet cameras were added as generic. The onvif probe worked except they picked the wrong profile for the samsung cameras. This was quickly corrected after referring back to zoneminder. Sorry so long. I hope I haven’t left anything out.