Unable to See Events in Client after Drive Replacement

So, two days ago my mount point /media/surveillance failed (a 4TB Hard Disk) - I have replaced the disk and fixed the mount point up and set the permissions of the new mount point.

After starting the Bluecherry Service back up with the replacement HDD now in place - I’m finding Bluecherry is creating the structure for folders/files in the mount point and placing the mp4 files etc… But, the issue I’ve got is when I connect with the Client / Event Browser - I’m unable to see any events - Even though I know BluecherryDVR itself is recording it. Live view etc works with the client.

1. I’m wondering if perhaps there’s a database clean that needs to be ran so I can see events again from the client end?

2. Second issue /var/log/bluecherry.log doesn’t seem to get created … Log file is empty so might need to enable that first!

What’s interesting is playback works through the website and I can see all the continuous record events. Just not working on the client.

Any suggestions would be great to resolve.

System:
Kernel: 5.10.0-27-amd64
Server Version: Version: 3.1.0-rc10
Client Version: 2.2.9 from PopOS 22.04 - Has always worked up until the drive replacement, Client also doesn’t show events if I run the client from the host connecting to localhost.
Ram: 16GB
Bluecherry Instance: Has been in operation for about 1.5 years.
Bluecherry was setup using the sh install script not the docker way.

Interesting. Can you see events in the web UI under playback?

Ok, so not sure what happened here - But, I did some fiddling and found Bluecherrry 2.2.9 wouldn’t work for showing events but if I download the flutter package from the Bluecherry downloads page - Version 3.0.0-beta15 - It works.

I also as part of my troubleshooting re-installed the Debian System and the event viewer still failed in the Bluecherry 2.2.9 client - Is this version of hte client supported anymore or should I be moving to the new version?

You would need to download the latest client from GitHub (Release v3.0.0-beta15 · bluecherrydvr/unity · GitHub)

So, is there only the unity client now?

Correct. The v2 client was old (GitHub - bluecherrydvr/bluecherry-client: Bluecherry cross platform video surveillance client application) and hadn’t been updated in several years. We opted to completely rewrite it (Sneak peak at Unity, a cross device / platform client - Bluecherry - announcements) to allow for a cross platform / device application.

1 Like

Okay, great amazing my existing client had worked for that long.

New client is far better.

Thanks.

1 Like

THank

Thank you! We have put alot of effort (and money!) into the development.

So, I don’t know if I should open a new ticket for this - But the new client seems to Timeout and struggle with camera’s the last client was great? Not sure what the issue is - Have tried Mobiles/Windows/Linux and the clients all struggle with maintaining connectivity to the streams?? Have tried TCP/UDP fix as well at both the camera and NVR end.

Cabled or Wifi doesn’t seem to make a difference either.

Cameras are set to h265+ except for one that’s h264 - But is configured to record to an SD Card and only stream RTSP to Bluecherry for viewing.

Any experience with these issues?