Stream started, but no live view in beta

Good afternoon

Installed the beta version on Debian 10 and set up 4 Yale IP RTSP cameras which work fine under vlc…

Adding a camera gets me this in the log:

Dec 7 12:52:22 pos bc-server[14560]: I(3/Lager 3): Setting up device
Dec 7 12:52:24 pos bc-server[14560]: I(3/Lager 3): Stream started: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p(progressive), 1280x720, 1/90000(s) 1/180000©
Dec 7 12:52:24 pos bc-server[14560]: I(3/Lager 3): Switching to new recording schedule ‘continuous’

Clicking live view and selecting a camera just shows nothing…only the rectangle in the layout disappears…

Using the macOS client I can only play back the 15 minutes recordings…but in the main screen I don’t see any live feed at all…

Just tested the live stream from the server itself…works fine with:

vlc “rtsp://Admin:bluecherry@10.0.100.40:7002/live/1”

Also in the live view layout I don’t see the camera names…CSS seems to narrow that space so it isn’t visible…

thanks in advance
richard

Good morning

Seems to do with the Intel DRI not being used…although it is available…

So what’s the point in having this option when it is not used at all?

I’m confused on what you mean about ‘seems to do with Intel DRI?’ How did you install the software (docker, clean install?)

I think I understand what you are saying…Intel DRI was enabled by default and you had to turn it off, is that correct?

Ah finally someone is here :slight_smile:

Yes…had set it to none to use the live view…but it brings the machine to its knees…

Does it maybe pickup /usr/bin/ffmpeg instead of the supplied one?

We use specific versions of libav, which are linked during installation.

What are the system specs? I believe you said in another post you have 4 cameras…are you using motion detection or constant recording?

Just use constant recording…as it is intended for a shop…

Currently running old 720p cameras, and use a Debian 10.7 system on a i3 core platform for testing…

Finally it should be an i5 or i7 Intel NUC…dunno if i5 or i7 brings any performance boost reencoding several h264 streams via QuickSync…

Also finally there will be 4 to 6 5MP Reolink cameras…