Storage question the 100000

Hello again…
I have Bluecherry 3.x running in an docker setup on my debian openmediavault.
Found my cams, my streams etc…ram, cpu time all buenno…
But whatever i do, i cannot get the storage path accepted…
The folder has these attributs:
drwxrwsrwx+ 2 bluecherry bluecherry 4096 Nov 13 18:00 Recordings
And lives at this path:
/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid6/Recordings
But as soon i put that path into the storage field and hit save, i get:
Server could not open the specified directory " /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid6/Recordings ". See Note 2.
And note 2 says:
Note 2: Before adding a new folder, ensure that the:

• folder exists
  • folder is empty
  • folder belongs to user bluecherry, group bluecherry.

To create directory run: "sudo mkdir -p "
To set permissions run: "sudo chmod 770
To set ownership run: "sudo chown -R bluecherry:bluecherry ".
Which i did…

Any suggestions?
File system is Ext4

Thx in advance

Can you run this:

sudo -u bluecherry touch /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid6/Recordings/test

then

sudo -u bluecherry ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid6/Recordings/test

Yes…
Here the resut…thx for your time
root@Pro6:/# sudo -u bluecherry touch /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid6/Recordings/test
root@Pro6:/# sudo -u bluecherry ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid6/Recordings/test
-rw-rw-rw-+ 1 bluecherry bluecherry 0 Nov 18 20:24 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid6/Recordings/test
root@Pro6:/#

Quick question on the side…
What is the reason for this restrictive bluecherry user only storage functionality…?
I mean a share/folder with standard chmod 777 right should be sufficient to read, write and delete according to retention settings…am i am wrong?

Thx

We restrict the permissions for commercial users who don’t necessarily want unauthorized people accessing the video directories.

You can always add yourself to the bluecherry group so you can browse the files without changing permissions (777 is wide open).

Thanks

Just my thoughts: You say you’re running inside a docker environment? Does the bluecherry user and group have the same uid and gid inside of the container as outside?

Hello…
@aaronouthier…i am not to familiar with docker…so that i might frased wrong or similar…
I am just having the docker bluecherry installed that is mentioned here in the forum from github.
So i am not sure if the user id’s are the same and even did not know that they could vary…
As far as i read into it, docker seems to create a fake world via mirror of filesystem…and my Openmediavault debian filesystem and the docker filesystem seem not to sync…
Hard to explain…
So let me know what i could do to intwist this…