Still unable to install on Bookworm

Hello!
I tried the install script a few minutes ago to see if you ever got support for Package install of Debian 12 functioning? It seems you did upgrade the new install script, but the script fails due to being unable to download:
https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/sources.list.d/bluecherry-bookworm-unstable.list

When I try this in a web browser, I indeed receive a 404 error code. I now have an empty file in my sources.list.d folder. I will prune that now.

–Aaron

Since there is no official announcement yet, I’m thinking it’s not ready yet. Still, it makes me wonder why the updated script allows running under Bookworm?

Anywho, how is it going? What kinds of issues are still holding back the release. It’s obviously not a simple issue, or it would’ve been solved already.

We need to build the repos and do some final testing.

Just tried today and bookworm installation repositories are still unavailable. Is there an ETA for when the repositories will be available for a native installation of bluecherry server on Debian 12 bookworm?

Hopefully in the next week, we are putting some last minute changes on it.

We released Debian 12 packages today, can you try to install from the repo?

Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
OK
--2024-08-28 09:47:13--  https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/sources.list.d/bluecherry-bookworm-unstable.list
Resolving dl.bluecherrydvr.com (dl.bluecherrydvr.com)... 142.93.72.20
Connecting to dl.bluecherrydvr.com (dl.bluecherrydvr.com)|142.93.72.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2024-08-28 09:47:14 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Same error as before. Catalog file is not accessible from the Web via your webserver.

Okay, try now. The sources files have been updated.

@curtishall

Still same error. No change. Check Web server config. Try to connect from a computer outside your local network, to verify proper operation, or use a 4g/5g phone or tablet to check.

Aaron,

I’m getting really tired of you trying to give basic networking advice. STOP IT.

My apologies. I’ve been told I give obvious answers before.

I try to help on many different forums. Many of the users need basic help.

I need to pay more attention. YOU are the developer of networking software. You are way past needing to be told to check “is it plugged in”. YOU have helped ME when I needed help.

I can be oblivious sometimes.

Try now, the install script should use this sources.list file:

https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/sources.list.d/bluecherry-bookworm-unstable.list

Had a minor issue with a conflicting package, but was able to remove it, and then install progressed just fine.

I backed up the database, and deactivated my license as per a previous discussion, and was up and running in less than 10 minutes.

Thank you Curtis!

What was the conflicted package?

I don’t recall the exact name, but the existing package was something about i915 and ended with “-shaders”.

The conflicting package to be installed was another i915 package with a similar name, but lacking the “-shaders” suffix.

I simply removed the former and reran the script.