NextCloucd or OwnCloud

Is there a way to save my motion recordings to Webdav? Not too much discussion about external storage. Thanks in advance.

If you can mount it we can write to it assuming bc-server has permissions to write and read to the storage path.

Older link, but this should help get you started to mount WebDAV.

https://blog.sleeplessbeastie.eu/2017/09/04/how-to-mount-webdav-share/

Thank you for the reply. Is this post assuming that the webdav share is on the same server as the bluecherry install? I have nextcloud on a seperate server. I followed the instructions on my bluecherry install. I get this : /sbin/mount.davfs: connection timed out two times;
trying one last time
/sbin/mount.davfs: server temporarily unreachable;
mounting anyway

Firewall Issue?

Could be, I’ve never messed with mounting a WebDAV before. Can you ping the WebDAV server? You might run iptables or ipfw to see if you have any firewall rules in place.

My experience with some issues for mounting and writing typically end up being file permissions. So assuming the mount point paths are correct and network reachable, and everything network wise if correct, it could be a permissions thing and or UID level. WHen I run into issues, I will give the file location permission of 777 which is everything to everyone. Test it that way and if it works, begin to adjust permissions to lock it down.

Better way - store it locally and syncronize with Nextcloud by Nextcloud client.
If communication line with cloud in good condition, recordings can fly to cloud near-real-time.
If communication disaster happened for any reasons, it can be stored after recovery, without additional manipulations.