Newbie - Server installs, Client does nothing

Brand New Bluecherry user here.
System: Ubuntu 24.04

I’ve used two or three different kinds of installs to try and make the Client app work:
bash script,
docker image file
as well as sudo dpkg -i bluecherry-linux-x86_64.deb
The server installation appears to have worked fine and I get the server app in a Firefox window.

But no working Client app.
The installation process has added a Client icon in my Ubuntu app list, but when I click on it, absolutely nothing happens - no app appears to execute. No app screen, no error messages, nada.

When I tried installing the bash script, the installation process in the terminal window did show one error message of note:
Err:7 Index of /rock-core/qt4/ubuntu noble Release
404 Not Found [IP: 185.125.190.80 443]
The exact bash command used above was;
sudo bash -c “$(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bluecherrydvr/bluecherry-docker/master/scripts/install.sh)”

As best I can determine qt4 is no longer accepted by Ubuntu and has been replaced by qt5?

In terminal, I executed a command that is supposed to show a log file, but it does not look like the example in the Bluecherry readme.md file.

command: sudo docker exec -it bc-server /bin/bash -c “ps ax"x”

PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
  1 ?        Ss     0:00 /bin/sh -c "/entrypoint.sh"
  7 ?        S      0:01 /bin/bash /entrypoint.sh
 14 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/rsyslogd
 23 ?        Ss     0:00 php-fpm: master process (/etc/php/7.4/fpm/php-fpm.conf)
 24 ?        S      0:06 php-fpm: pool www
 25 ?        S      0:06 php-fpm: pool www
 27 ?        Ss     0:00 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/nginx
 28 ?        S      0:02 nginx: worker process
 29 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 30 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 31 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 33 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 34 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 35 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 36 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 37 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 38 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 39 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 40 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process
 41 ?        Ssl    0:34 /usr/sbin/bc-server -u bluecherry -g bluecherry

9842 ? S 0:03 php-fpm: pool www
22691 ? S 0:00 sleep 15
22692 pts/0 Rs+ 0:00 ps ax

The readme.md file’s example log shows several apache2 references which do not appear in my log file.

Anyway, nothing I’ve tried makes the Client app work. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks, Bert

Which version of the client are you using? The latest from our website or an older version?

I am using client version Version: 3.1.0-rc10.
I used the Ubuntu/Debian .DEB file to install it via terminal command line.
Currently, my client shows “Server process is running.”
I added a device, and when I click the “Test Connection” button, it says it is good.
Better yet, in Settings, “ON-camera configuration” I get the blue “IP CAMERA” screen, and when I then click PC View, I actually am taken to my camera’s IP and I get a beautiful clear image. This tells me I have made good headway to making BlueCherry work. I think my device settings are ok, since this shows me a camera image.
BUT, when I try Live View, and select my Camera name, instead of a camera picture image, I just get a non-stop “whirly-gig” circle. I never see the image from my camera.

Now one big red flag in my mind is that in the BlueCherry documentation, “Using the Client”, it says:

**Connecting to the server**

These steps will guide you through easily connecting to your Bluecherry server.        You can add as much servers as necessary. The steps are similar for all platforms.

1. Enter the hostname or IP address of the Bluecherry server. The default login and password for new installations is Admin and bluecherry. You can optionally click Use default to have this information automatically entered for you.

==============================================================
Immediately below these instructions is a blue “screen capture image” labeled in the upper left corner “ADD SERVER”.

My client has no menu selection that I can find that allows me to do this step ADD SERVER. How can I get to this blue “ADD SERVER” screen so that I can input my server info into B.C.?
I think since I could not do this step, that is very likely why my camera will not show up in Live View - yes?

How do I do the instructions to ADD SERVER? The instructions do not tell me what to click to get this screen!

Thanks,
Bert

I don’t think you are installing the client, I think you’ve installed the server.

Download the client from here:

https://github.com/bluecherrydvr/unity/releases/download/v3.0.0-beta18/bluecherry-linux-x86_64.deb