Installing V3 on Debian 10

I guess I am unclear what is the correct procedure to install v3 on Debian 10 (headless server.) I ran “bash -c $(wget -O - https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/scripts/install-unstable):” and the response was “2021-02-26 14:18:33 (18.8 MB/s) - written to stdout [5260/5260]” but, nothing appears to be happening.

Following these instructions: Version 3 now available for testing - Bluecherry

Where are the proper instructions that can guide me to a installation of v3 on a server?

I thought I would find a script to run?

I found the problem, can you try again?

Same result. Leaving for the day. Try again in the mornng.

First, "sudo bash -c “$(curl -s https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/scripts/install-unstable)” responded with “-bash: curl: command not found”.
Which I changed to "sudo bash -c “$(wget -O - https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/scripts/install-unstable)” Almost worked. At the end of activity are these lines:

dpkg: error processing package bluecherry (–configure):

• installed bluecherry package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1*
    Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) …
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    bluecherry
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

How to proceed?

I can reproduce this with Debian 10.7, it appears to be related to mysql. For now I would recommend Ubuntu 20.04 or Debian 8 until I can get a chance to dig into this more.

I had the same Problem.
The One-Line Script isn’t working. I tried it in many variations of debian 10 installations (God save the inventor of snapshots!)

I had to do everything manually (today) and now its working:

I set up an whole new debian 10 (Cli-Only - in setup only choose system-tools and ssh-server)
installed sudo and curl

Then i set up an new mysql-Server (IMPORTANT: choose 5.7) with this workthrough:

1. https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install-mysql-on-debian-10/

Then manually download and execute the script:

1. wget https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/scripts/install-unstable
  2. chmod +x install-unstable
  3. sudo ./install-unstable
  4. Enter the mysql-root-password you set in the mysql setup before

After that, my new Bluecherry-Server was up and running.
I’m not an Linux-Expert but with my limited knowledge this was the simplest way to get it working.

Hello Forum by the way :). I’m new here and hope i can give and get some help here.

Greets
Protheus

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Protheus! Thanks for the reply…I’ll see if I can find the root of the problem.

Thanks.

I think the script dont check if an mysql-server is installed. It suppose that the mysql-server is already there.

Even on my new blank debian, your script dont installed and configured an mysql-server like in your guide (Installation of Bluecherry server — Bluecherry 2.8 documentation) described.
It only asked for root credentials and location of the mysql-server (and bc-db and bc-user) but after that every time i got an post-script error and the installation was aborted.

Greets
Protheus

Thanks.

We updated docs.bluecherrydvr.com today, it has the updated scripts.

Also, the install script problem originally reported by @dvrbob is now resolved

Due to minor illness, first chance I have had to try script again.

On Debian 10, the script ends with:

installed bluecherry package post-installation script subprocess returned error
exit status 1
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) …
bluecherry

Hum???

And now, having installed U20.04LTS the other day. Utilizing a backup, I have restored to Ubuntu.
Ran the script and here are the last few lines of output:

installed bluecherry package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Setting up libapache2-mod-php (2:7.4+75) …
Setting up php-gd (2:7.4+75) …
Processing triggers for rsyslog (8.2001.0-1ubuntu1.1) …
Processing triggers for ufw (0.36-6) …
Processing triggers for systemd (245.4-4ubuntu3.4) …
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) …
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.2) …
Processing triggers for php7.4-cli (7.4.3-4ubuntu2.4) …
Processing triggers for libapache2-mod-php7.4 (7.4.3-4ubuntu2.4) …
bluecherry

Same error code as Debian 10. Hum-m-m???

We are aware of issues with Debian 10 / Ubuntu 20.04.

Use 18.04 for now.

Installed Ubuntu v18.04LTS and:

installed bluecherry package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-21) …
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1.4) …
Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.44) …
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.3-2ubuntu0.1) …
Processing triggers for rsyslog (8.32.0-1ubuntu4) …
Processing triggers for ufw (0.36-0ubuntu0.18.04.1) …
Processing triggers for libapache2-mod-php7.2 (7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7) …
bluecherry

Well . . . . things that make me go hum-m-m?

I tried on a fresh install of 18.04 using this command:

sudo bash -c "$(curl -s https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/scripts/install-unstable)" 

Everything installed fine.

Are you sure you aren’t mistyping the passwords? Are you using a special character in the password fields?

If you install debian 10 with a minimal set of utilities, then this set may not include “curl” and “sudo”. Use “apt-get install сurl sudo” before > bash -c “$(curl -s https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/scripts/install-unstable)”
Post-installation script creates sudoers files, the folder for which does not exist without sudo package

Good catch! You are correct…some containers do not have curl or sudo.

Thanks

New to Bluecherry. None of the usual IVR and NVR products seem to permit direct access to the video images, This looks very promising, if it pans out I’m going for a dozen installs, so well worth some effort.

Debian 10 is my standard image. Installed curl and software-properties-common after looking through some similar install issues. Running the command line script appears to install correctly, I can get to the server on 7001 from the server, but it does not accept any of the user names and passwords I’ve configured (and verified are in /etc/bluecherry.conf). Mysqld is running (and was installed by the script), bc-server is running.

There’s a section on the documentation mentioning Client install but no details. There’s information on Mysql configuration, but also no details.

/var/run/bluecherry did not exist after the install, so I’m going to go through the thread Prometheus has here.

But I notice that was back in March, a half year ago. There must have been changes to the install-unstable script since then which are improved but still not working (because mysql is now installed).

Any updates or suggestions as I dive into this?

Rich

Are there any errors when you try to login with ‘Admin’ and ‘bluecherry’ in /var/log/nginx/bluecherry-error.log?

Thank you. I should have taken Mysql 101…