Installing on Debian buster running Openmediavault

Hello…
I finally canned the Readynas OS and went with Openmediavault to get rid of this lousy btrfs…
Now that i have a up to date debian, i thought i give your version 3.x a shot…
I went with the installer script from one of the threats here…
It pulled everything, gave me some questions and downloads and then i ran into an error stating that the apache cannot be started since already in use (by OMV 5.x).
Is there already any way around known?
If not what can i provide to make it possible?
Logs/access/tests…
Let me know

Thx Jan

Soooo…i tinkered around adn found logs stating port 80 in use for apache2…
changed port to 81 and apache now starts and runs…
but on port 7001 it says Fatal error: could not read configuration file.
Any idea?

Can you send me a message with the ssh login details? Make sure port 22 is open so I can connect remotely.

Will do tomorrow! But as a little suggestion, is it possible to add the Apache default Port as a question in the install steps? This way someone can change it before the Apache can’t start issue happens

Sorry where are my manners! Thanks for answering! Is bluecherry in the docker environment or native install better solution? Since I can now use docker

If you already have something on port 80 I would just use the docker compose script (https://github.com/bluecherrydvr/bluecherry-docker).

Our script doesn’t care what is on port 80 since we use port 7001…however it will freak out if apache is already installed…which is what is happening with you.

Holla…never worked with docker before…
But your script does quite a bit…
Well done…good work or whatever is gusto these days…
Do you think 8 gig ram and a dual core intel with 3.2 ghz is enough for it?
purged the bluecherry native install so i think i will check the docker version out for now…will let you know if i have issues with it…or also if not…

Yep. If you have more then 8 cameras…you would want more memory. Figure 1GB for each camera.