How to move to another server?

Hi!

Today i need to move my full Bluecherry server to another linux PC. How should i do it to kepp all my settings, records, etc? The new sever is a fresh install of Ubuntu server (22.04 LTS). Old is also Ubuntu Server, but its the 20.04 version.
Should i first do a full fresh install of the Bluecherry server, than move the datas to the new server? If yes, exactly what files are needed to move, and which database, and of course how? Is there somewhere maybe a howto for that?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, do a clean install and make sure the version you are using is the same as the version on the new server. You can use the back up / restore feature in the web UI OR use mysqldump to dump the bluecherry database and import it on the new server.

The license key will also need to be reset, send me a PM with the license key.

mysqldump -u bluecherry -pPASSWORDHERE bluecherry >> bluecherry.dump

on the new server

mysql -u bluecherry -pPASSWORDHERE bluecherry < bluecherry.dump

Thanks!
In the meantime i’d done a full new install on the new server, and setup manually my cameras and settings from the old server (side by side in two window :smiley: ). License key is also moved, first i had disabled it on the old server, than added to the new server, and seems to be working.
After i checked the recordings, i decided to leave them, do not need it.

Hello,
So if I am reading correctly, DVR is now supported on Ubuntu 22.x?

I know last time I had to rebuild it, I still had to run it on Ubuntu 20.x. My ESXI host ran out of drive space and everything crashed so I have had to rebuild it this weekend. I have been wanting to rebuild my DVR VM server. So if Ubuntu 22.x is now supported I will look to rebuilding it. I will go and check out the install page, and see if I can find the install scripts for Ubuntu 22.04 or as I see 22.10 is not out.

Chad

I have this same issue with the license…

the website doesnt remember my email even though I only bought the license 6 months ago…

I have turned down the physical server and have v3 running in Docker. Need to activate my license.

@gary.coltharp I responded to your email and reset your key.

How did the docker install go?

The script on the github repo worked very well. Every other docker deployment I tried, failed miserably.

I was not able to use my database, so I need to set all my cameras up again.

If can give you a command to run if you want to import your database.

Normally you would go into the first machine that is still online, deactivate the license on that server (Bluecherry web UI → Licenses → Deactivate)…however I already reset the key for you so you don’t have to worry about this step.

From the host machine running the original Bluecherry run:

sudo mysqldump bluecherry >> bluecherry.dump

Copy (scp on remote system or cp on new system) this bluecherry.dump to bluecherry-docker on the host running docker

On the host running docker, cd to bluecherry-docker and run:

docker cp bluecherry.dump bc-server:/root/.

sudo docker exec -it bc-server mysql < /root/bluecherry.dump

So I was good…so I messed with it and broke it moving my docker containers to a new host.

I have it all running and the cameras display…

But my admin console says I am corrupted or in trial mode… it shows my license with 0 devices. It wont allow me to deactivate it and reapply it… says Operation Failed

Thoughts?

Sure, you need to run:

docker exec -it bc-server mysql bluecherry -e "DELETE FROM Licenses"

PM me your license so I can reset it for you. Once that is done you can add the license again.

emailed to you directly

Thanks, I didn’t see your email but I found your license and I reset it.