Debian 12 Bookwork and AutoStart

I am aware that Debian 12 Bookwork is not supported yet, but I wanted to ask this question in case there’s a simple fix.

Bluecherry Client 2.2.9 still autostarts just fine as before, but now the GUI treats it kind of differently. Since BC client starts up 2 windows, Debian does not know which window to put in front so it shows both windows side by side. Then all you have to do is select the window you want to show and it pops up as expected.

See below.

Both screen side by side:

Selecting the left screen will pop it up:

There won’t be any updates for v2 in Debian 12 as our focus is on Version 3.

Can you try this AppImage and let me know how it works?

https://github.com/bluecherrydvr/unity/releases/download/v3.0.0-beta8/Bluecherry-latest.AppImage

It runs ok, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I had the same issue on Windows.

First, I don’t get confirmation that the authentication is successful. In version 2, we had the 2 green lights, but I can’t tell if it’s connecting properly in version 3.

Anyway, I think I was successful because the camera list shows up.

The next issue is that I cannot get a camera to appear on the View screen. I click on them, single and double click and they just don’t appear. I try and drag them and that doesn’t work either.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

All I get is this:

After a period of time, BC client locks up.

After the application was frozen and I restarted it, I was able to get a camera to show up.

I will do some more testing with it.

How do I get the App image to start at boot, fullscreen with the same camera list as prior to restart?

You should be able to add the App to the startup menu depending on the desktop manager. We will work on command line arguments you can provide to select layouts.

Okay I’ll wait until all that is squared away. In the meantime I won’t be upgrading to Debian 12.