Only record audio

I would like to just record the audio of some live streams, no video. It will be a 24/7 live audio recorder. I have searched online and I can’t find anything that will work, except by using a dvr software and modifying it to ignore video. Has anyone tried this? Thoughts?

We don’t have a specific option to record only audio. If would suggest using ffmpeg and some command line options to record audio only.

Just an F.Y.I., depending on your location and state laws and if in extreme unusual situation, if there was any police investigation going on in the area being recorded, that in itself could be illegal.

Many states have laws on the books about recording voice and maybe video of an actual police investigation. Granted these days with smart phones and all the stuff we see in the news of people recording police incidents, I don’t think its been an issue or rarely used by police. But check your state laws, especially for recording voice conversations. I think my state IL still has some on the books and the penalty is worse for that than manslaughter - go figure. A few years back I read a very interesting new article on the topic. Like if you are being investigated in your house, you depending on state laws on the books can record that investigating. But if they are looking for evidence on something that happen outside and you are not the target of that they are all to happy to ask you for any possible video recordings.

A couple of interesting readings, links posted below, looks like there is a fine line of one or 2 party consent, and private conversation. So just make sure you have camera signs posted and so that all will know they are subject to be recorded on camera and possible voice. Most people accept that video of them will recorded and usually that is not an issue, but if they assume their conversation is Private and in a Private area, you could have an issue that might come back to bite you. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.isba.org/ibj/2015/06/twofaceseavesdropping

https://www.isba.org/committees/governmentlawyers/newsletter/2018/09/applyingillinoiseavesdroppinglawtog