Version 3.0.3 released

Version 3.0.3 has been released, the following are new features:

• Ubuntu 20.04 (focal) LTS support
  • ONVIF discovery of IP cameras
  • Auto-configure RTSP paths using ONVIF
  • ONVIF motion detection (schedule must be set to ‘trigger’ instead of motion)
  • Webhooks
  • Updated playback screen layout

Well done…thx for all the hard work…
Since i run it (ver 2.8.8) on the NAS with debian jessie, i was wondering if you will port it down to that level…

THx for any info!!

Sorry…Jessie is pretty old and we no longer support it in v3. Can you run docker on the NAS and use docker compose?

To be honest…i have to check out docker first…cant say right now.
What’s the lowest support version?

Debian 9 (stretch)

Thanks

I’ve just installed v2.8.8 using the link on the v3.0.3 announcement page. I had intended to install v3.0.3. Can mine be upgraded? If it’s a wipe and load, where do I get the correct installation package?
I’m using Ubuntu 18.04 server

Sorry about that, try this command:

wget -q https://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/key/bluecherry.asc -O- | apt-key add -
wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/bluecherry-bionic.list http://unstable.bluecherrydvr.com/sources.list.d/bluecherry-bionic.list
apt -y update
apt -y install bluecherry
systemctl restart bluecherry

It is not a wipe and load, you should be able upgrade without any issues.

Thanks Curtis

Worked like a charm.

Unfortunately, now my camera feeds don’t work. I had three cameras working in LiveView in 2.8.8 but now they’re not. Can you offer any clues as to where I should start troubleshooting?

Try turning off vaapi in Settings

this script worked for installing 3.0.3 on ubuntu 20.04 lts with ryzen cpu. no matter what other instructions i used it wouldn’t work. also, i had to run the script just after i installed ubuntu without doing any updates. i used the desktop version and a light install with no 3rd party drivers.

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://dl.bluecherrydvr.com/scripts/install-unstable)"

Any tips on testing this? Is it available in the install script or only when building from source? If I try the usual install script, I get:

Currently we only support Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) and Debian 10 (Buster) for unstable testing

This command will work for Ubuntu 20.04, let me know if you have questions.

sudo bash -c “$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bluecherrydvr/bluecherry-installer-scripts/master/web_install/install)”

Quick feedback from readynas pro 6 running openmediavault and bluecherry in docker…
Quick and flawless install, normal function so far, but fps only by 1 fps…not sure yet why.
Thx for the good and hard work

I have tried to install this several times on a linux container running ubuntu version 20.04. Each time I have tried to install this it errors out before it can be completed.
I was going to upload a log file but there does not seem to be a way to do that. How do I get a log file to you?

I changed the settings so you can upload a .log or .txt file

Thx. I will upload in the morning

term.log (169.3 KB)
This is the log file I found that seems to be relevant to the install. If there are any others you would need to see please let me know and I will get them to you. It seems to fail around the mysql installation. Once it fails, whenever I try to install something else, the failed installation continues to try and configure. I have sanitized the file as to not show my password used.

Thx

Update
I just managed to get the software to install. I realized that during the mysql server setup that the script wasn’t setting up the root user’s password but rather asking for the root user’s password. Since the mysql installation defaults to a blank root user password it would fail since I did not leave that field blank during installation. Probably not a good idea to leave it this way. The next issue it ran into was since the install never completed the bluecherry config file was not moved to /etc. So it again failed when it did not find it. I moved the config file template from /usr/share/bluecherry/bluecherry.conf.in into /etc and configured the information in it. It finished the install and I got the login page for the bluecherry server. I need to find the default user/pass combination and I can then test it. I will probably roll back the linux container instance to a previous snapshot so that I can test the install again with what I have learned.

After re-running the install without any password for root I got a second error that showed that /etc/bluecherry.conf was not present and errored out. I moved the bluecherry.conf.in to /etc/bluecherry.conf and edited it with the values pertinent to my install. The server was up and running at that point. I created a user and was able to save it and log in with it. I then tried to use ip camera discovery and got a pop up that said err ajax. I am not sure where to look for a solution to this. Someone posted a similar issue in March I believe but he did not get an answer.